PANDEMIC WORSHIP SCHEDULE
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, St. Mary's is currently offering two live, in-person liturgies as well as one pre-recorded, online liturgy each Sunday mornings:
- 8:00am Holy Eucharist, Rite 1 in All Saints' Chapel
- 9:30am Holy Eucharist, Rite 2 indoors in the main sanctuary
- 8:00am a pre-recorded liturgy will be posted to our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Recently, the Diocese of East Carolina provided updated guidance for public worship which makes it possible for churches of our size to reasonably hold its principle Sunday morning liturgies indoors. Fr. Tom, the wardens & vestry, and many of you have anticipated and carefully planned for this occasion for quite some time. Please read Fr. Tom's Pastoral Letter regarding a return to Sunday Morning worship indoors at St. Mary's by clicking this link! These liturgies are offered following the parameters outlined in, in accordance with Diocesan guidelines.
As we enter into a new season of the pandemic, many restrictions are being lifted from our ways of gathering. Regarding wearing face coverings at St. Mary’s, the familiar Anglican phrase applies: All may, some should, none must. All are welcome to wear a face covering at any time. We acknowledge the CDC recommendation for all persons over age 2 who are not vaccinated to wear a face covering indoors when other people are present. Following the Governor’s most recent Executive Order and Bishop Skirving’s guidance, no one is required to wear a face covering at St. Mary’s. Recognizing that individuals will have varying comfort levels about gathering in public, please be mindful and respectful of one another.
Morning Prayer is also held in the All Saints' Chapel on Tuesdays and Thursday at 8:30am.
PRE-PANDEMIC WORSHIP SCHEDULE
With the increase of vaccine availability, we look forward September 12th, 2021 when we will return to our pre-pandemic Sunday morning schedule:
- 8am - The Holy Eucharist, Rite 1 in the All Saints' Chapel
- 9-9:30am - Breakfast served for all in Moseley Hall by one of our many Men's Breakfast Teams
- 9:30am-10:15am - Christian Formation for All Ages (note that on September 12th, we'll be having a Ministry Fair that will take place during this time)
- 10:30am - The Holy Eucharist, Rite 2 in the sanctuary
The nursery is available from 9 a.m. until Noon during the Program Year.
The Summer Schedule (Sunday after Memorial Day through the Sunday closest to Labor Day) does not include breakfast or Christian Formation classes. The nursery opens from 10am until noon during the summer.
- The Holy Eucharist, Rite 1: Following the order for Holy Eucharist, Rite 1, this service offers a more contemplative way to start your day. The service is held in our smaller, more intimate All Saints' Chapel. It is spoken, with no music, and usually lasts about 45 minutes.
- The Holy Eucharist, Rite 2: Our larger service follows the order for Holy Eucharist, Rite 2, and features organ music, traditional hymns, and the St. Mary's Choir. The service usually lasts about an hour.
- Morning Prayer - Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:30am: Begin your day with Scripture readings and prayers from the Book of Common Prayer in the All Saints' Chapel. This service usually follows the order of Morning Prayer, Rite 2.
- Mid-Week Holy Eucharist as announced
St. Mary's is easy to find!
800 Rountree St.
Kinston, NC 28501
Phone: (252) 523-6146 • Fax: (252) 523-5134
Church office business hours are:
- Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Friday 8:30am-1:30pm